Borough Residents please take note: If you have an emergency, dial 911. If you wish to contact the police department for non-emergency issues, you may dial the department at 215-672-3215. You will connect to an answering service and your call will be returned. If you need a police response and it is not a 911 emergency, you may dial the Bucks Co. radio room number at 215-343-0100.
FireworksAlthough PA has changed the laws about the purchase of fireworks, there are limitations in place. The following is from the PA State Police website. We do have ordinances in place prohibiting the use of fireworks in the borough and , as you will notice, the new law prohibits discharging them within 150 feet of an occupied structure which pretty much covers the entire borough.
They cannot be ignited or discharged on a public or private property without express permission of the property owner.
· They cannot be discharged from or within a motor vehicle or building.
· They cannot be discharged toward a motor vehicle or building.
· They cannot be discharged within 150 feet of an occupied structure.
· They cannot be discharged while the person is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance, or another drug.
Trash PickupResidents are reminded to put out their trash on Monday evening. The company will pick up recycling early on Tuesday morning and return later in the day for trash. If the recycling container is not at the curb, they will not return later to pick recycling.
· No burning is allowed in the Borough.
· Please remember to clean up all dog waste.
· No dogs are permitted in Borough parks.All street trees being removed require a permit AND replacement.
· Sidewalks need to be kept in good condition for the safety of everyone.
· When replacing sidewalk blocks, no fee permit is required.
· Please check with the Borough Office regarding necessary permits BEFORE BEGINNING ANY PROJECT.
ParkingAs a result of resident concerns about an increase in parking violations in the Borough, the Borough Council has instructed the police department to step up enforcement efforts for these violations. Accordingly, for the period of one month, from March 20, 2017 through April 20, 2017, police will be issuing warnings for all parking violations they observe. After April 20, 2017, the police have been instructed to issue a ticket for any violating vehicle they see. Please remember that:
1) Vehicles should not be parked in any way that blocks a sidewalk or a driveway.
2) Vehicles should always be parked at least 30 feet away from any stop sign.
3) Cars and trucks parked on our streets should always be parked with the direction of traffic.
Other state and Borough parking regulations may also apply. Please obey all posted signs. The Borough Office (215-675-0110) and the Borough Police (215-672-3215) will be pleased to answer any questions you may have. Please help us in keeping our home-town safe for all.
Device DisposalEffective January 24, 2013 it is no longer permissible to dispose of electronic devices in the trash.
· Computer monitors
· Cell phones
· Smart phones
· FAX machines
· Copiers, etc.
For more information you can go to the DEP web site www.depweb.state.pa.us and choose Electronic Recycling from the A-Z menu. Also, they thave a hotline1-800-346-4242. These devices can also be taken to most stores that sell these products, such as Best Buy, Staples, Goodwill. Contact them beforehand.